Wednesday 9 September 2015

Surprising reasons why we overeat!

I was cruising through the tv channels on my comfy sofa when I stumbled upon Dr Oz Show. I love watching Dr Oz on the Oprah Show but I have not had the chance to watch his own show. I know it has been around long but I can't find the time to watch it. He was talking about why people tends to overeat, which is always the case with me. He listed 3 surprising reasons why we do it. I had all the answers wrong so there you go why I'm so FAT right now :-)

1. Confused on portion size
Dr Oz showed 2 sizes bag of chips, one was supersize bag and another was a snack size. Mostly, I would grab a snack size bag of chips, it's a no-brainer. The chip company had nicely packed a snack size so I  don't have to think about the calories anymore. But, that's where we tend to overeat. The snack size bag is normally for 2-3 people and not for one. We would not feel guilty munching away the whole snack size bag as compared to the supersize bag. If I had a supersize bag, I would not open it until I know I could share with other people to finish it otherwise it'd go stale. I'd also looked closely at the label and measure the portion size accordingly. 

2. Group eating situation
We would normally think that we'd not eat that much when we go out with friends. But, it is normally THE situation where we tend to overeat. Why is that you might think? I had the same thought as well but Dr Oz explained that we normally would lose track of what we put in our mouth when we were excited or having fun. This is especially true when booze is involved. 

3. The colour of your plate
There's a reason why restaurant serves their food in white or fair coloured plates as compared to dark-coloured plates. On a white plate, we can see clearly the food that we're eating and it looked more appetising. In this case, Dr Oz demonstrated with spaghetti carbonara served on a white plate and another on a blue plate. Yes, I do agree, it looked more appetising on a white plate. So, if you're on a diet, buy dark-coloured plates to stop you from overeat! But in my case, the colour of my plate will not be able to stop me from eating delicious food!

There you go some health tips I gathered from Dr Oz. I have not been able to update this blog as frequent as I want as I'm also maintaining another blog in Malay language. It is hard work maintaining 2 blog at once. Do visit my other blog, if you can understand Malay that is at Contengan Rasa. Will try to update this blog as much as I can.

~XOXO~

1 comment:

  1. That's some lovely tips and would try my best to abide by those.... but no promises Kay! As you know. I love to eat ;)

    ReplyDelete